Are you looking for a way to explore downtown Calgary in 2023? Look no further! In this article, we’ll provide you with some tips and tricks on how to make the most of your visit. We’ll discuss some of the best things to do, places to stay, and restaurants to check out. So, get ready to discover all the Tips to Explore Calgary Downtown in 2023.
Tips to Explore Calgary Downtown in 2023
Calgary Downtown is home to some of the city’s most popular attractions and activities. Located in the heart of the city, Downtown Calgary is a great place to start exploring all that Calgary has to offer. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your time in Downtown Calgary:
1. Start at the Core Shopping Centre: The Core Shopping Centre is located in the centre of Downtown Calgary and is home to over 200 stores and restaurants. This is the perfect place to start your exploration of Downtown Calgary as it has something for everyone.
2. Take a Walk Through Stephen Avenue: Once you’ve had your fill of shopping, take a stroll down Stephen Avenue, which is pedestrian-only street lined with historic buildings and lively patios. This is the perfect place to people watch and soak up the atmosphere of Downtown Calgary.
3. Visit the Warming Hut: The Warming Hut is located in Olympic Plaza and is open year-round. This is a great place to warm up on a cold day or cool down on a hot day. The Warming Hut also has free Wi-Fi, making it the perfect spot to take a break from sightseeing and check email or social media.
4. Explore Prince’s Island Park: Prince’s Island Park is an oasis in the middle of Downtown Calgary. This park is home to walking and biking trails, a playground, an off-leash dog area, and a variety of events throughout the year.
5. Check out the Calgary Tower: No visit to Downtown Calgary would be complete without a visit to the iconic Calgary Tower. This observation deck offers stunning views of the city and is located on top of the tallest building in Calgary.
Top Attractions & Activities in Calgary
Calgary is a bustling city with plenty to see and do. Here are some of the top attractions and activities to check out when exploring downtown Calgary:
-The Calgary Tower is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city. Head to the top for breathtaking views of downtown and the surrounding area.
–The Glenbow Museum. This world-renowned museum houses art, history, and science exhibits, as well as a research library.
–CF Chinook Centre, one of Calgary’s largest shopping malls. With over 250 stores, there’s something for everyone here.
–Prince’s Island Park, a popular spot for picnics, walks, and relaxing by the river.
-Heritage Park Historical Village, an open-air living history museum that gives visitors a glimpse into early 20th century life in Alberta.
Shopping & Dining Options in Calgary
Calgary Downtown is home to a variety of shopping and dining options. Here are some of our top picks:
-The Core Shopping Centre: This is the city’s premier shopping destination, boasting over 160 stores. You’ll find everything from major retailers to luxury brands.
-Stephen Avenue: This pedestrian-only street is lined with boutique shops, art galleries, and cafes. It’s the perfect place to stroll and window shop.
-Prince’s Island Park: This park is home to a weekly farmers market during the summer months, where you can buy locally grown produce and handmade goods.
-Catch Restaurant: This upscale seafood spot offers stunning views of the downtown skyline. They have an extensive wine list and a seasonal menu featuring fresh, local ingredients.
-River Café: Located in Prince’s Island Park, this restaurant has a casual vibe with an emphasis on healthy, organic fare. They have a great patio for enjoying the outdoors in warmer weather.
-Goro + Gun: If you’re looking for Japanese cuisine, this is the place to go. They offer traditional dishes like ramen and sushi, as well as more modern fusion items.
Getting Around the Calgary City to Explore More
Calgary is a very walkable city and most of the downtown area can be explored by foot. If you’re looking to go further afield, there are a number of public transit options available.
The C-Train is Calgary’s light rail system and it can take you to many different parts of the city.
There is also an extensive bus network that can get you just about anywhere you need to go.
Finally, if you’re looking to rent a car, there are plenty of options available. Just be aware that parking can be expensive and difficult to find in some areas of the city.
Exploring Calgary downtown has so much to offer for everyone, regardless of their age. With the tips mentioned in this article, you should now have a better idea of how to make the most out of your visit and explore all that Calgary downtown has to offer. From boutique stores, restaurants and bars, parks and attractions to historical buildings; there is something for everyone! So, get ready to enjoy your trip with these Tips to Explore Calgary Downtown in 2023.